As soon as you start publishing stuff on photography, there will be those who want to know “What are you using?” This section attempts to answer that question.
The short answer – “Whatever works.”
Photography current roster (November 2016):
Pentax K5 dSLR (16 megapixel, APS-C CMOS sensor)
Pentax K20D dSLR (14 megapixel, APS-C CMOS sensor)
Pentax Q (mirrorless, 12 megapixel CMOS sensor)
- Pentax FA 50mm f/1.4
- Pentax DA-L 50-200mm f/4-5.6 WR
- Pentax DA 21mm f/3.2 “Limited”
- Pentax M 100mm f/4.0
- Pentax FA-J 75-300mm f/4.5-f/5.8
- Rokinon 85mm f/1.4
- Tamron 500mm-SP f/8
- Sigma 18-250mm f3.5-f/6.3 Macro HSM
- Sigma 50-500mm f/4-f/6.3
- Meade ETX-90 OTA (effectively 1250mm f/12)
- Celestron C-5 OTA (effectively 900mm f/6.3)
- Pentax Q 02 lens 5-15mm f/2.8-4
- Pentax Q 06 lens 15-45mm f/2.8
- Pentax AF-360 flash
- Calumet Gemini 200 monoblock
- Several little A/C strobes
- Manfrotto 3221 tripod legs
- Fancier (Chinese knockoff) lightweight tripod
- Manfrotto monopod w/ MVA50A leg kit
- Manfrotto 486rc2 ballhead
- Manfrotto 488rc2 ballhead
- Manfrotto 321 large-lens sling mount
- Manfrotto swivelhead (on the monopod)
- Pentax GPS unit
- Impact Lightstands and umbrellas
- Pentax K-1000
- Pentax ME
- Vivitar 70-210mm f/3.5 lens for Pentax K mount
- Minolta Autocord-L TLR (6x6cm)
Computer equipment roster (January 2015) (partial):
QUADMAN – Intel DP55WB, Intel i5-750 2.67 Ghz, 8 GB, 2.5 TB storage on three spindles, ATI FirePro V5700
VIRTUALMAN – ASUS P8BWS, Intel i5-3570K 3 GHz, 48 GB, 5.5 TB storage on four spindles, nVidia GeF 210
SMALLMAN – Intel D510MO, Intel Atom D510 1.67 GHz, 4 GB, 500 GB
SPAREPARTZ – ASUS P5KPL-AM EPU, Intel Core2 E7600 3.06 GHz, 4 GB, 500 GB
SLIMMAN – HP 8000 Elite, Intel Core2 E8400 3.0 GHz, 12 GB, 1TB
TinyNote and DarkNote continue service as the portable systems.
RoughNote Lenovo 11e added to portable roster.
Dell U2413 monitor is used for color-critical work on QUADMAN – full 30-bit color workflow.
Datacolor Spyder 3 Elite, XRite i1 DisplayPro, Datacolor SpyderPrint, ddisoftware ProfilePrism.
Epson C-120 (4-color inkjet), Epson R-2400 (8-color inkjet).
Loads of networking gear (6 routers, 3 switches), various APC UPS units (4), some of the oldest still operating ZeroSurge surge eliminators (5), and all the other bits which make it all work. Most of the time.